the daily decrease | spicy Thai tofu dinner with red and green veggies
this past week I made a dish that I can’t wait to share! it’s a spicy thai tofu dish and two easy veggies in just 20 minutes! this is my go-to meal during the week when I’m slammed with a busy schedule and still want to eat well. cooking this way for the last year has inspired me to start The daily decrease: recipes for healing, so that I can open up my kitchen and share easy-to-make recipes! bruce lee once said that life is about the “daily decrease”. he believed that reducing any and everything that does not serve our minds and bodies must be removed. I believe in his ethos and honor his life work through my own self practice, even if it’s down to the meals that I prepare.
so to start us off, I want you to know that this recipe is for anyone who’s looking for an easy way to spruce up their weekly menu. It’s great for my fellow gym junkies who need a great post-workout meal! either way, the benefits are amazing!it’s healthy and light and packs a ton a protein + fiber. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Ayukaza Tofu (extra firm)
Green + White Onions
Garlic + Chili Peppers
Salt + Pepper + soy sauce
coconut oil + a couple drops of sesame oil
1. Chop your green and white onions then mince your garlic and chiles.
2. add a dollop of coconut in a large pan set to high heat. in another medium pan add a half teaspoon of sesame oil.
3. drain the liquid from your tofu and cut the block into 1 cm pieces. in the large pan, add the white onions, garlic, chiles and let them sizzle for 1 minute. add salt and pepper to taste.
4. add the tofu to the large pan then add the green beans to the medium pan.
5. put a dash of soy sauce over the green beans. cook on high for 3 - 5 minutes and plate them.
6. let the tofu cook for 10 minutes, flipping and turning the ingredients softly. once the tofu has browned, plate it and add your chopped green onions. add peanuts for the extra thai delight!
7. slice your cherry tomatoes in half, plate them, and enjoy!